Monday, April 4, 2011

Living in Harmony with Nature at The Preserve

 
The minute I made that first turn into The Preserve, I was amazed at the immediate immersion into nature, giving a sense that I had driven miles from town into the country. A pair of Canadian Geese (who are now building a nest along the bank of the pond) completely ignored my presence as I drove under a canopy of mature trees on property once part of the grounds of Fenwick Plantation. 

I parked the car and walked along a waterfront trail watching two Great Egrets socialize, then fly off to find their next meal. The color of the marsh this time of year is beautiful, especially as the late afternoon sun sets.

I walked down one of the two community docks leading to Penny Creek, glancing down to see a pair of deer hoof prints in the mud exposed at low tide.

As the sun began to drop behind the trees, I headed back to the car, listening to a choir of birds welcoming spring perched in gorgeous flowering trees. This entire experience took place in a matter of minutes. Incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment